In The News
"The Last Word"
April 1, 2016
Personal Finance: Financial advisers measure the value a father brings to a family
What's a dad worth? The correct answer, of course: Priceless.
June 17, 2012
Personal-finance class opens students’ eyes
April 24, 2011
'Ask the Experts'
Column in newsprint and online answering various financial and investment questions from readers
Bruce Kajiwara: 'Super Volunteer'
CPA magazine , September 2008
Featured as a Financial Literacy Hero in Planner, the AICPA’s newsletter of the Personal Financial Planning Section.
- Explained AICPA's Feed the Pig program to provide resources for financial literacy, 2010
- Interviewed regarding Financial Literacy and the Summit on Financial Literacy, April 22, 2008
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- College Planning
- Financial Planning Designed for Women
Financial Planning and Investment Management
April 2011, February 2012, February 2013
California Society of CPAs, Financial Literacy Committee
How to Present a High School Financial Literacy Program
Presentation of CalCPA's High School Financial Literacy Program –
Hiram Johnson High School
Burbank High School
Delta High School
West Campus High School
Adelante High School
Outline of a Financial Literacy Program for Your Constituents
References in Publications
- Referenced in the book – Save Wisely Spend Happily: Real Stories About Money and How to Thrive from Trusted Advisors by Sharon Lechter, 2012, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- Quoted regarding Financial Literacy in WebCPA.com, September 1, 2009
- Quoted Sacramento Bee regarding investment advice May 25, 2008
- Quoted Sacramento Bee answering a reader’s questions May 4, 2008
- Quoted in Oakland Tribune regarding college IRAsJanuary 13, 2003
- Quoted in June 2007 issue of Financial Literacy BUZZ regarding delivering Dollars and Sense seminars
- Quoted in magazine article for California CPA regarding warnings about retirement, May 2007
- Quoted in magazine article for California CPA regarding bringing financial literacy to the classroom, March/April 2007
- Quoted in April 2, 2006 Sacramento Bee
Investment Committee of the California CPA Education Foundation Board of Trustees2010 to current